WPC refers to a wood-plastic composite (WPC) floor.
WPC replaces the commonly used resin adhesive with polyethylene, polypropylene and polyvinyl chloride, and is mixed with more than 50% wood flour, rice husk, straw and other waste plant fibers to form new wood materials, and then through extrusion, molding, injection Forming and other plastic processing processes to produce sheets or profiles. Mainly used in building materials, furniture, logistics packaging and other industries.
1. Good machinability.
Wood-plastic composites contain plastics and fibers. Therefore, they have similar processing properties to wood. They can be sawed, nailed and planed. It can be done with woodworking tools, and the nailing force is significantly better than other synthetic materials. Mechanical properties are better than wood. The nail force is generally three times that of wood and five times that of particleboard.
2. Good strength performance.
Wood-plastic composites contain plastics, so they have better elastic modulus. In addition, due to the inclusion of fibers and full mixing with plastics, it has the same physical and mechanical properties as hardwood, such as compression resistance, bending resistance, etc., and its durability is significantly better than ordinary wood. The surface hardness is high, usually 2 to 5 times that of wood.
3. It has the characteristics of water resistance, corrosion resistance and long service life.
Compared with wood, wood-plastic materials and products have the characteristics of acid and alkali resistance, water resistance, corrosion resistance, no growth of bacteria, no insects, and no fungal growth. Long service life, up to 50 years.
Reference source: Baidu Encyclopedia-WPC
2, What are the advantages of WPC floor (wood plastic floor)
WPC floor features:
(1) 100% waterproof, suitable for use in any indoor area except outdoors;
(2) High environmental protection, 0 formaldehyde, food grade;
(3) The fire rating is B1, which is suitable for occasions with high fire protection requirements;
(4) High strength and wear resistance;
(5) Moisture-proof and anti-skid, anti-moth, anti-corrosion and anti-bacterial;
(6) The foot feels comfortable and the sound absorption effect is good;
(7) Simple installation and convenient maintenance;
(8) It reflects the real texture of wood, and different colors can be adjusted according to needs;
(9) WPC floor is at risk of deformation when the indoor temperature is below 0°C; SPC floor is suitable for use in indoor spaces from extreme cold (-20°C) to extreme heat (60°C).
(10) Easy to disassemble and assemble, no need to hit the keel.
Wood-Plastic Composites (WPC) is a new type of composite material that has been booming at home and abroad in recent years. It refers to the use of polyethylene, polypropylene and polyvinyl chloride to replace the usual resin adhesives. More than 35%-70% of wood flour, rice husks, straws and other waste plant fibers are mixed into new wood materials, and then through extrusion, molding, injection molding and other plastic processing processes to produce plates or profiles. Mainly used in building materials, furniture, logistics packaging and other industries. The plastic and wood powder are mixed in a certain proportion and then hot-extruded to form the board, which is called extruded wood-plastic composite board.
Post time: Oct-21-2022